The majority of our funding comes through grants from trusts and foundations, development organisations and governments. We rely on voluntary income to meet the costs of our activities and have only limited opportunities to generate earned income.
We do not accept funding from any source that has disregarded the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in the course of their activities, carried out environmentally harmful practices or that is involved in the extractives, timber or arms industries.
Global Witness is grateful for the generous support of the following donors in Fiscal Year 2011 (1 December 2010 – 30 November 2011).
Governments & International Institutions:
- Center for International Policy
- Irish Aid
- Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Department for International Development (DFID)
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad)
- Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- OECD Watch (SOMO)
- Swedish International Development Co-operation (Sida)
- The Revenue Watch Institute
Institutional Foundations, Non-Governmental Organisations, Corporate Bodies & Individuals:
- Adessium Foundation
- The Ajahma Charitable Trust
- Arcus Foundation
- The David and Elaine Potter Foundation
- Ford Foundation
- Humanity United
- The JMG Foundation
- Jocarno Fund
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- National Endowment for Democracy
- Foundation Open Society Institute (Zug)
- Oxfam Novib
- RH Southern Trust
- The Roddick Foundation
- The Rufford Foundation
- Scottish Community Foundation
- The Sigrid Rausing Trust
- Synchronicity Earth
- The Taylour Foundation
- Wallace Global Fund
- Waterloo Foundation
- Zennström Philanthropies
We also express our thanks to those donors whom, for reasons of practicality or anonymity, are not listed above.
For general enquiries please contact +44 (0)207 492 5820, email@example.com.